FROM HERE TO MATURITY: The "Ultimate" Beginner’s Guide to IBNR - Webinar
- Presentation Date: July 12, 2012
- Presenter: Steven J. Finkelstein, ACAS MAAA
- Duration: 78 minutes
DETAILS: Using analogies and examples, this webinar will provide you with a better understanding of Incurred But Not Reported (IBNR). Specifically:
- What is IBNR and why does it matter? Is it a financial concept, an underwriting concept, or both? (Clue: It's both)
- How can IBNR be estimated? Is it something a non-actuary can understand? (Clue: Yes.)
- Whether or not the IBNR for my company's overall book is correct, why does the IBNR built into the loss estimates for my accounts usually seem too high? (Yes, believe it or not, we're going to cover this, too!)
In this webinar, Steve Finkelstein, ACAS, MAAA, and member of the AIMU Facts & Figures Committee puts together the pieces of a puzzle that many underwriters have been trying to solve for years, with a live Q&A to follow. (Presentation will be 60 minutes with 15 minutes allotted for Q&A) Steve’s previous webinars on behalf of the AIMU includes “What Year Is It?” during which he explained the difference between calendar year, accident year, exposure year and underwriting year information. This highly praised presentation is currently available through the AIMU’s website.
PRESENTER: Steve Finkelstein, ACAS, MAAA, and member of the AIMU Facts & Figures Committee puts together the pieces of a puzzle that many underwriters have been trying to solve for years. Steve’s previous presentations on behalf of the AIMU include his “What Year Is It?” webinar, during which he explained the difference between calendar year, accident year, exposure year and underwriting year information; and his "Working with Actuaries" Presentation at Marine Insurance Day in 2010. Both the webinar and the PDF of his Marine Insurance Day presentation are currently available through the AIMU’s web site.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Underwriters, Claims Adjusters, Agents, Brokers, and other insurance professionals.