- Submission of completed application.
- Submission of a 1000-word report on topic to be announced in the AIMU; Weekly Bulletin.
- Must have taken and passed the AMIM 121 examination.
- Completed application and report must be received by May 31.
To obtain an application for the scholarship or for further information, contact: Maureen Furlong Weber, Director - School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science (SRM), 101 Astor Place, New York, NY 10003; phone: (212) 277-5111, fax: (212) 277-5123, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past winners of the Harold Jackson Scholarship are not eligible to re-apply for this scholarship.
Of those individuals competing for the scholarship award, the winner will be determined by the following procedures:
- Each candidate must submit a completed application together with a report of not more than 1000 words, using size 12 font, lines to be double-spaced, with bibliography as required.
- Each candidate must take (or have previously taken) AMIM 121, which is administered and graded by the Insurance Institute of America (Malvern, P.A.). Information about examinations and testing dates can be obtained from: www.aicpcu.org.
- The School of Risk Management, Insurance & Actuarial Science (SRM) will verify with the Insurance Institute of America that all applicants have successfully completed the AMIM 121 examinations.
- The School of Risk Management, Insurance & Actuarial Science (SRM) will furnish the Harold Jackson Scholarship Committee with the applications and reports which were submitted and the Committee will select the winning report and return same to The College of Insurance.
- The School of Risk Management, Insurance & Actuarial Science (SRM) will release the name of the winner from the application and report selected.
In the event of a tie score, each candidate will receive the full award.
In the event of any occurrences of events leading to conflict in the administration of this procedure, the President of The School of Risk Management, Insurance & Actuarial Science (SRM) shall preside over such conflict and his/her determination shall be final and binding on all parties.
The President of The School of Risk Management, Insurance & Actuarial Science (SRM) or designated representative shall administer proper execution of the award to the selected individual.
The award is a trip to London, England for the purposes of Marine Insurance study. NO other award substitution will be permitted.
The course of study is to be determined by the recipient of the Jackson Scholarship. The length of stay is for two to four weeks and may include courses or seminars at Lloyd's of London, the Chartered Insurance Institute College of Insurance, and contact with brokers at Lloyd's.
Itinerary in London to be approved by the President of The School of Risk Management, Insurance & Actuarial Science (SRM).
Travel must take place within 12 months of the date from which the notification was given.
The following expenses will be reimbursed at a lesser of (1) the actual cost of the items named below or (2) the maximum dollar stated for each item below:
a) One round trip, full fare, coach class airline ticket from the candidate's home city to London, England.
b) Lodging expenses for up to one month's stay in London.
c) Miscellaneous personal allowance for food and entertainment expenses of not more than $750 a week for up to four weeks.
d) Approved actual tuition costs (paid by The School of Risk Management, Insurance & Actuarial Science (SRM) directly to educational institution)
No other expenses will be reimbursed.
Advanced payments of funds will be coordinated between the scholarship winner and The School of Risk Management, Insurance & Actuarial Science (SRM) Business Manager.