International Day of Women in Maritime
- Presented: Recorded on 5/18/2022
- Duration: 1 hour 11 minutes
Free of charge
Falvey Insurance Group and the American Institute of Marine Underwriters (AIMU) partnered for the International Day for Women In Maritime and hosted a panel discussion amongst women in the maritime industry.
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) recently designated May 18thth as the first ever International Day for Women in Maritime. “The observance will celebrate women in the industry and is intended to promote the recruitment, retention and sustained employment of women in the maritime sector, raise the profile of women in maritime, strengthen IMO's commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 5 (gender equality) and support work to address the current gender imbalance in maritime.”
This event included a panel discussion featuring:
- Captain Alexandra Hagerty – Ship Captain, Executive Leader, Master on Hospital Ship Africa Mercy
- Meredith Neizer, Chief Logistics Officer at ARMADA
- Tiina Ruhlandt, President & CEO at EIMC
- Karen L. Griswold, EVP Ocean Marine, Property & Specialty at Chubb
Isabelle Therrien, Senior Vice President – Canada at Falvey, and International Union of Marine Insurance (IUMI) Cargo Committee Chair, served as moderator at the event.