The Board of Directors of AIMU have established a program to acknowledge significant individual contributions to the U.S. Ocean Marine industry particularly those supporting AIMU and its goals. Contributions to be considered for eligibility of this award may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Service on AIMU Technical Committee(s) and / or Officer of AIMU;
- Instructor or Presenter for AIMU Courses and / or Webinars;
- Instructor for St. John’s (formerly College of Insurance) Marine Insurance Courses;
- Service as Chair and/or Committee member for the AIMU Seminar or Insurance Day;
- Service as Chair and/or Committee member for IUMI Conference Planning Committee when hosted in US;
- Service as contributor to AMIM 121 – Ocean Marine Insurance Program as instructor, exam grader (prior to automated exams), course materials (textbook / workbook), etc.,
- Service on an IUMI Technical Committee and / or Executive Committee; and,
- Authorship of articles and public speaking promoting the US Marine Insurance Market and Industries we serve as well as driving thought leadership.
Nominees shall have been employed, at present or previously, by an AIMU member company. The nomination should identify what those contributions have been, with research support from AIMU staff, if necessary. The Management Committee of AIMU is responsible for voting and selecting recipients each year. Ideally, one or two awards should be presented annually although circumstances may warrant deviation from this number to be agree by Management Committee.
A plaque, designated as the AIMU Distinguished Service Award, will be presented at the annual general meeting. A second plaque, whose purpose is to serve as an honor roll, will list all recipients. This latter plaque will be maintained within the offices of AIMU and names of all award winners posted on the AIMU website.
Robert V. Comegys
|Nomination Form (download)|
* Board of Marine Underwriters of San Francisco, Inc.